The wonderful Västerbotten cheese has been produced in the same way since 1872. The recipe was invented by Ulrica Eleonora Lindström and is still kept a secret. Only a few trusted people know the recipe and it is well hidden in the diary safe. Lots of people have made huge attempts to produce the cheese outside Burträsk, no one has succeeded. Wonder what the secret behind this magical cheese is?
There are so many wonderful recipes with this cheese. I have earlier made a Västerbotten Pizza that is fantastic😋. Swedish midsummer is here and one thing that I love to have on my midsummer table is Västerbotten Pie. A wonderful cheese pie, rich with flavor and perfect on a buffet as you can accompany it with some many things.
Please see recipe below for 6-8 people, approx. 45 min.
What you need
1 Package of Dough or Make your own Dough
300 gram Västerbotten Cheese
2 dl Cream
How to make
1. Put the oven on 225 degrees.
2. Butter an ovenware (24 cm), place the dough and gently put some holes in the bottom with a fork.
3. Put the dough in the oven and prebake it for 10 minutes.
4. Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them together with the cream.
5. Grind the cheese and add it to the bowl. Season with pepper.
6. Take out the pie from the oven and add the cheese mix.
7. Bake the pie for another 20-25 minutes, until it gets a nice color and texture.
Serve with Bleak roe “löjrom”, sour cream, chives and red union. Yum Yum Yum 😋