The weather this Easter was AMAZING, it allowed us to sit out in the sun and just indulge the birds singing. I think we had pre-drink outside every day, all the bones in my body was screaming of happiness! 😊
But as cooking is one of the best things that I know I had to be part of the Easter making, together with my mother. One of the things that is tradition in our family, as in so many others, is the Easter lamb. Every year we try something different and this year we tried a wine marinated lamb. I must say, it turned out great and I can really recommend it. This is perfect not just for Easter but also in a cosy Autumn day. 😊
Please see recipe below for 8 people cooking time approx. 3 hours.
What you need
1,5 kilo lamb
Salt & Pepper
Thyme and Rosemary for garnish
1 bottle of Red wine
2 twigs of Thyme
2 twigs of Rosemary
3 cloves of garlic
1 bay leaf
Potato and cauliflower
1 Kilo Potatoes
I piece of fresh Cauliflower
3 – 4 cloves of Garlic
2-3 twigs of Thyme
2-3 twigs of Rosemary
Salt & pepper
How to make
Marinate the Lamb – Day 1
- Put the lamb in a suitable bowl with a lit.
- Cut the carrot and celeriac in cubes and add them to the bowl.
- Pour in the wine and add the rest of the ingrediencies and stir.
- Leave it for 24-48 hours.
Cook the lamb – Day 2
- Put the oven on 175 degrees.
- Take out the lamb and dry it with a cloth.
- Keep the marinade in order to make the red wine sauce.
- Put it on a ovenware and add some olive oil, butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the thermometer on 55 degrees and put the lamb in the oven.
- In the meantime, prepare the potatoes and cauliflowers.
- From time to time, pour some juice over in order to get a perfect surface.
- Reaching the right temperature, leave it to rest for a 10 minutes.
Potatoes and Cauliflower
- Break the cauliflowers till smaller brackets.
- Boil the potatoes cauliflowers until almost done.
- Mix the marinade (thyme, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper)
- Put the potatoes and cauliflower in an ovenware, pour the mix over and let it rest.
- As the lamb is ready put up the heat to 250 and grill them for 10-15 minutes until they reach a nice colour.
Tip! Use the marinade and make a red wine sauce or make a classic mint sauce. Both goes well together!
Bon Appetit and Hope you had a great Easter!