You can feel that is spring knocking on the door. Suddenly you are tired of the heavy stews and everything that is sullen. You want freshness, colour and lightness. So, if you are planning a dinner party or a family get-together here you have spring on a plate. A beautiful chicken that is fun to cook and prepare together, has the looks and for sure, the taste.
I have chosen to make this recipe with a “Bjäre” chicken because I find it delicious and it was available at the time. See what you can find, I am sure it will be equally fabulous.
Please see the recipe below for 4 people 2 – 2,5 h
What you need:
I whole “Bjäre” Chicken
3-4 red apples
1 can of Black olives
4 Red spring onion
1 box of Cherry tomatoes
500 gram Potatoes
Salt and pepper
How to make:
1. Put the oven on 175 degrees.
2. Peel the apple, carrots, potatoes and onions and cut them into smaller pieces. Cut the zucchini.
3. Mix garlic, olive oil, a pinch of dried thyme and rosemary, white wine, salt and pepper into a marinade. Take to 2/3 of it and marinate the chicken.
4. Put the apples, some of the onions and carrots into a bowl and pour the rest of the marinade over. Mix it and then stuff the chicken with it. Tie the chicken together so the stuffing stays inside.
5. Put the Chicken in the middle of an oven plate and sprinkle the rest of the stuffing around it. Add the potatoes, zucchini, olives and tomatoes to the plate. Put some twigs of rosemary and thyme, and sprinkle some oil, salt and pepper over the vegetable.
6. Put it in the oven for 1 ½ hour. From time to time, open the oven and pour some of the juice over the chicken. If needed add some wine.
7. Take it out and remove the thread. Put the chicken on a serving plate. The vegetables around it and decorate with some rucola or baby spinach.
Interested in Bjäre please read more on their page here.
Have a great weekend!!