Whether you are sitting in a small picturesque French village by the ocean, or up in the mountains with the snow falling down outside of the window, a hot rich bouillabaisse is always a great option!
Please find my take on a French Classic, the recipe below is for 4 persons.
What you need
Butter (to fry in)
2 gloves of Garlic
1/3 Pot of Fresh Basil
1/3 Pot of Fresh Thyme
4 dl White Wine
1 dl Water
2 dl Cream
1 dl Creme Fraiche
1 1/2 Fish Bullion Cube
2 tbsp of Tomato Puree
1 Package of Saffron
1 Fillet of Cod
2 Fillets of Salmon
4 fresh Langoustine
Salt & Pepper
How to make
- Chop the onion and leek. Fry in a big casserole with butter until they soften.
- Add tomato puree, chopped garlic, basil and thyme, blend.
- Add white wine and the fish bullion cubes, cook for a few minutes. Add the cream, creme fraiche, saffron and water, cook for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cod and salmon into smaller sizes and put them in the casserole. Cook for another 7 minutes.
- Garnish with some extra basil and thyme.
- Serve with langoustines, aioli and a newly baked baguette.
A bouillabaisse rich with wonderful flavours – perfect to ANY occasion!