Want to try a Swedish classic? Cured Salmon “gravlax” with “hovmästarsås” is really one of them. You find it on the Christmas and Easter buffet in Sweden, but it’s also usually a classic in any family at many occasions. Often served in a toast, with potatoes and usually with the typical “hovmästarsås”.
I have made this into a small snack, I love when you turn a loving starter into a small tasty bite:)
So on the mood for having a Swedish evening, TRY THIS!!
What you need
200 g Salmon
4 pieces of toast
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tbsp White or red wine vinegar1 tbsp Sugar
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup oil
2-3 tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
How to make “Hovmästarsås”
1. Mix the mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt icy pepper together well in a medium-sized bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil.
2. Stir in the chopped dill, adjust seasoning to taste and serve chilled.
How to make
1. Heat up the pan and fry the toast with a fair amount of butter.
2. Cut the toasts in preferred size.
3. Add some sauce and a piece of salmon on each piece of toast.
4. Decorate with a piece of lemon and dill.
So easy and SO tasty!!