Are you in the mood for something French? Then you should try this beautiful Burgundy Chicken. Here you feel, what for me is French flavours, Dijon and thyme. This is perfect at any season but especially in the autumn due to the apples or spring as the fresh flavours rimes with blooming
Please see recipe for 4 people Approx 1 h.
What you need
1 kg Chicken or 800 gram Chicken Thigh Fillet
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 twigs of thyme
2 tbsp French mustard
2 dl dry white wine
1 1/2 – 2 chicken bouillon
2 dl crème fraîche
2 dl aged cheese (eg parmesan)
Salt & Pepper
Roasted Apples and Potatoes
Butter and Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
How to make
Start with the chicken
1. Divide the chicken in 6-8 pieces if you choose a whole chicken
2. Fry the chicken in oil and butter so they get a nice colour. Then let them fry on low heet in 25 min under lit, turn them a couple of times. Season with salt and pepper.
Continue with the Apples & Potatoes
3. Cut the apples and potatoes in gaps.
4. Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes in a casserole.
5. Put the apples and potatoes in a suitable ovenware.
6. Add some olive oil, butter and season with salt and pepper.
Let it rest while continuing with the chicken
7. Put the chicken in a casserole or ovenware.
8. Pour the gravy in a small casserole in order to create the sauce. Add the mustard, crème fraiche, chicken bouillon and wine. Wisk and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
9. Stir down the cheese and pour it over the chicken.
10. Add some extra cheese on top to get a crispy surface. Put it in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Put in the apple and potatoes at the same time. When taking out the chicken, turn up the heat to 250 and leave it for 18-10 minutes.
Add some fresh thyme to garnish. Ready to serve!