Has the time come for you to plan a dinner party or an aperitif at home? Why not go for something Italian!
This is spin-off of a classic bruschetta. It was created a day when I had cravings for both Parma ham and bruschetta. 😊 The result, it was Amazing! From that day, this became one of my favourite cocktail snacks. Perfect to indulge with some bubbles or an Aperol spritz.
Please see the recipe below, approx. 4-6 people (20 min)
What you need
150 – 200 gram Prosciutto (eg Parma)
3 Cloves of Garlic
½ Red onion
A handful of Mangold
½ pot of Fresh Basil
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper
1 – ½ Baguette (depending on the size of the baguette)H
How to make
- Put the oven on 225 degrees.
- Chop the tomato, basil and mangold and put it in a bowl.
- Chop the onion and 2/3 of the garlic into fine pieces, add it to the bowl.
- Mix olive oil and balsamic, pour it over the filling and mix. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the baguette (or preferred bread) into 1-1 ½ cm thick slices.
- Rub the slices in a bit of olive oil and 1/3 of the garlic, grill for 5-10 min in the oven or until they get a nice colour and crisp.
- Put the slices of ham on a cutting board (divide them in half if you want smaller pieces). Lay a tbsp of filling on each slice and fold them so they are covered. You don’t have to be that thorough, I like it to be a bit artistic. 😊
- Put the slices of bread on a serving plate and the prosciutto dumplings on top.
Remember, the recipe is an indication so feel free to experiment with the portions. That way, you create the perfect recipe for you. 😊
Cheers & Bon Appetit!