In the mood for something tasty & light?
If you like carrots and Asian flavours, then this is something for you! This bowl of soup it is not just tasty, it is full of health benefits. Vitamins C from the orange, vitamin A and antioxidants from the carrots and the anti-inflammatory properties from the ginger and turmeric are just a few worth mentioning.
For me it is satisfying to be able to cook something that is beneficial for your health at the same time as it is delicious. I hope this can inspire you.
Please see recipe below (4 people) approx 20-30 min
What you need:
750 gram Carrots
1 Piece of ginger (thumb size)
½ Red chili
2 Cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
3 dl Coconut milk
8 dl Vegetable bouillon
Salt and pepper
How to make:
1. Chop the union, garlic and chili, fry in a larger casserole with some oil.
2. Peel and cut the carrots in smaller sizes. Add the carrots and fry them for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the bouillon and boil until the vegetables has soften, approximately 10-15 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk, grated ginger, turmeric and juice from the orange.
5. Mix it with a stick blender until the soup is smooth.
6. Season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
Top it with spring onion if you want to add some texture and serve it with garlic bread.